Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Have I taken on too much?

Well, next week the boys will start school full time. One is in third grade, the other in first. Since I thought I'd go crazy being alone for the entire day, I decided to get a part-time job. I interviewed and was hired as a content editor for Nelson Publishing and Marketing. It's a local company that is growing by leaps and bounds. They began publishing books, non-fiction and fiction, adult and children's, in January 2006. They published 14 books the first year and are on track for that same number, if not more, this year. I'm really excited about this opportunity because I believe that editing makes me a better writer.

I've also agreed to be the team manager of my son's hockey team. My sister is the manager of her son's team. I know she'll help me out when I need it. I'm also the PTO Secretary at my son's elementary school.

I ask myself now, have I taken on too much?

I don't think so, but I've got this little feeling that I'm going to be way busier than I'd imagined.

But, I rather have busy days than slow, drawn out days.

I still need to do Paige's meme---maybe tomorrow!

Peace.

1 comment:

Jennifer McK said...

WOW!!!! You're going to be BUSY!!! Hang in there.