Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thursday Thirteen Numero Dos


Thirteen Things about why I love Fall


1. The patchwork of colors that the leaves will become - red, gold, orange, purple, yellow.
2. Hockey - Big Red Wings fan, as well as a huge fan of my son who will be a second year Mite this season.
3. College Football - Go Blue! (U of M, of course)
4. Crisp days with brilliant blue skies.
5. Going to the cider mill for cider and donuts.
6. The feeling of anticipation as a new school year starts.
7. Watching all the birds stop at our house for a snack from the Hawthorne and crabapple trees before they head south.
8. Saying hello to the fall flowers.
9. Our town's Fall Festival, which provides a weekend of enjoyment for all.
10. Going pumpkin hunting with my boys for their jack o'laterns.
11. Cooking stew, soup and chili again.
12. Quiet mornings and afternoons with both children in school.
13. Writing outside.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Add your link by clicking on the Mister Linky box!




Have a great day!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



14 comments:

Tempest Knight said...

I admit what I like about Fall is decorating for Halloween. :)

Kris Yankee said...

I'm slowing getting more Halloween decorations. But that is one of my favorite holidays!

Babe King said...

Oh how lovely! We're just heading into spring so we're all daffodils and apple buds. :-)

Jennifer McK said...

I LOVE the Fall. I could totally relate to the scene in "You've got Mail" and the bouquet of new pencils.

Debbie Mumford said...

Mmmmm ... love apple cider!!

Ava Rose Johnson said...

I love the colors too. So gorgeous and warm.

Paige Tyler said...

Oh, yes! What a great list!

And thanks for doing the tag!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Sandra Ferguson said...

I love pumpkin hunting.

Oh, and then there's Halloween. Mine are too old for costumes anymore, but I love the fun of the night and seeing the little ones out in all their finery.

Amelia June said...

Sounds lovely, but living in the desert means I don't get much of a fall ;)

Enjoy those leaves changing for me!

Elle Fredrix said...

Yes! Fall has always been my fave season. And it's such a relief after a stinking hot summer!

YACWW Moderators said...

FALL! I still want summer. Where did it go? Although, I do love the colors too :)

This week I am thanking my fellow TTer's by having you to pick my book trailer. Just my way of thanking you for being so supportive of me.

Gabriella Hewitt
www.gabriellahewitt.com

Robin L. Rotham said...

OMG, I LIVE for fall! Can't wait, can't wait!

Heather said...

Mmm...apple cider, the crunch of leaves underfoot and the annual cemetery tour -- all reasons why I love fall!

Jenna Leigh said...

I cook chili all the time because that's one of my fave dishes. But one thing I like about Fall is that we'll get some temperatures in the double digits. Hopefully anyway. Love the 13!