Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Ok....here's my first Thursday Thirteen. A group of gals from Romance Divas turned me on to this. Please be forgiving with my very first attempt!


Thirteen Things about why I want to be a published novelist


1. I LOVE books and want to see my name on the cover (and on the inside page headings).
2. I'm a Leo, and I love attention - think book signings!
3. I need someplace to get rid of all the crazy characters and their problems that populate my brain.
4. I want a career that I can do anywhere. Writing can take place virtually anywhere in the world.
5. Part of me doesn't want to be forgotten. A book is something solid that will last for years even when I'm no longer here.
6. Reading has been such an integral part of my life that I couldn't imagine not being part of it in some way.
7. I want to be able to create emotions in people and give readers a ride that they won't soon forget.
8. I want to be able to work at home - this kind of goes with #4.
9. I'm certainly not in it for the money - but if I made a few dollars, I wouldn't be too upset.
10. I have to retire my husband after all the years of him supporting me.
11. I want to be able to go into a library and find a book that I've written.
12. To prove that my writing skills transcend technical writing.
13. Because I can't imagine doing anything else.

I finally figured out how to add an auto-links to this darn page! Fill in your info and you'll be added to my TT. Thanks!








Paige Tyler's TT



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



9 comments:

MamaArcher said...

well get writing! :o)
Welcome to the TT crowd!

ivan said...

wow! very interesting T13. =)

mine's up here: http://ivan-ulrich.blogspot.com/

happy thursday!

Paige Tyler said...

All excellent reasons! And a great TT! Welcome!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

scooper said...

All great reasons to be published. Good luck.

Heather said...

Excellent post, Kris. Welcome to the TT!

http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/

Kuanyin said...

Hey, you certainly sound like a Leo! Come and visit my TT...have a contest going on and post about Elvis!

Eva Gale said...

Oh, I love that 13!~

So Lost said...

Great list! Welcome to TT!

Nicholas said...

Welcome to TT. That's an interesting list.